When searching for an internet provider for your cord cutting needs, there are a few important things you need to look for — speed, no data caps, and bundle-free options. Of course, it can be tough to find a good, reliable internet-only service provider at affordable rates, especially when they’re all focused on ‘bundle deals’ that include things you don’t need – or want to pay for, for that matter.
That’s where DSL Extreme is hoping to change things. In this complete DSL Extreme review, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about the internet-only provider that’s bringing some pretty heavy cards to the table.
Read our full DSL Extreme review below.
What are the Key Features of DSL Extreme’s Service?
DSL Extreme is an internet-only service provider, meaning they offer solely internet packages at affordable rates — without the bundle. For a few locations in California, they also offer a service called Fusion, and Fusion is a broadband internet and home phone bundle. Featuring a 20Mb per second download speed and unlimited nationwide calling (international costs come with a minimal extra fee), it’s not something to scoff at.
Here’s the main thing, there are no data caps on any of their services. That’s the big thing for cord cutters, especially in light of the recent news about Comcast’s plan to roll out data caps in several markets. No data cap means you can stream all you want without worrying about getting charged extra by your ISP (Comcast is charging customers an additional $10 for every 50GB they exceed their data cap) or having your speeds throttled. Finally, a company that understands that!
Am I Able to Get Fusion?
If you’re looking to keep a home phone around and you need internet as well, Fusion is an amazing option. You get unlimited nationwide calling and really low international rates, including up to 8 hours free each month to select countries. Note — this isn’t a VoIP service; it uses your traditional phone lines. However, they’ve only made it available to select locations in California, as mentioned above – and there’s not many of them. Those cities are listed below:
- Sacramento, CA
- San Fernando Valley, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Orange County, CA
What Internet-Only Plans Does DSL Extreme Offer Cord Cutters?
If you want to forego the home phone and go with one of their internet-only plans, DSL Extreme has plenty of bundle-free options. There’s four main options to choose from, each scaling in price and download/upload speeds to serve all your internet needs; though there are many more available for a more selective individual or family’s needs. Remember, there are no data caps on any DSL Extreme internet packages. Each one comes with a DSL Extreme email address also.
The DSL Extreme internet-only plans are as follows:
- Pro: If you’re looking for the cheapest option they have, sitting at $27.95 a month, you’ll be able to download up to 3Mb per second. This is a great option for anyone looking just to stream a couple videos and casually browse the web.
- Max: The next option available costs $10 more than the Pro, at $37.95 a month, but with that extra money you get up to 12Mb per second. For those Netflix and Hulu Plus addicts this is a great option, giving enough juice to stream to multiple devices with no issues.
- Max Turbo: This option doubles the download rate of it’s predecessor (24Mb per second), and costs $52.95. For anyone looking to fill the internet needs of a modern family, this is an amazing package.
- Power: The most expensive package is the Power, running at $62.95, with that being said, you’ll be able to download at speeds up to 45Mb per second. This option is for those serious gamers and streamers that never want to experience lag again!
Where Is DSL Extreme Available?
DSL Extreme works off of AT&T’s internet infrastructure, so the service is available basically everywhere you can get Uverse. They have coverage all over the U.S., so there’s a good chance you can get one of their internet-only, no-data-cap plans at your home for all of your cord cutting needs.
Hopefully, this guide has given you some insight as to what DSL Extreme is, especially for those looking for fast, reliable internet for streaming video. We know finding viable options can be difficult, especially for reasonable prices, so if you have any other questions about this service feel free to leave them in a comment down below.
Have any questions about our DSL Extreme review? Comment below and we’ll help.
Latest posts by Andy Brantner (see all)
- What is DirecTV Now? Review, Cost, Channels List, Free Trial Info, More - November 30, 2016
- Best Smart TV 2016: Top Smart TV Reviews to Help You Buy Right - October 21, 2016
- DSL Extreme Review 2016: The No Data Cap, Internet-Only Service Provider - October 19, 2016