On Monday, October 12, at 8:30 p.m. ET, the Pittsburgh Steelers will go head to head with the San Diego Chargers. This Monday Night Football throwdown promises to be an exciting one, with fans of both teams ready to watch their favorite players battle for victory.
As you likely already know, Monday Night Football is hosted weekly on ESPN. Until very recently, fans need to have cable TV to watch Monday Night Football live, but that’s no longer the case. Thanks to the growth in legal streaming options, you can watch the Steelers vs. Chargers live stream without the need for cable TV. We’ll show you how!
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. San Diego Chargers Preview
Both teams had a good year in the 2014 season, and both have performed well so far in the current season. This MNF throwdown is sure to be a good competition, with both teams bringing a lot of power to the table.
In 2014, the Steelers placed 1st in the AFC North with a record of 11-5. Their playoff hopes were dashed when they lost in the Wild Card Playoffs against the Ravens. Moving forward, fans look to head coach Mike Tomlin to keep his team moving in the right direction. The team has a potent offense, but with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger temporarily sidelined with a knee injury, the team will have to fight to stay on track until his return.
The Chargers finished the 2014 season with a 9-7 record, setting them in 3rd place in the AFC West. Despite a 5-game winning streak early on in the season, their performance faltered and they just never bounced back. Chargers fans now look towards head coach MIke McCoy to turn the Charger’s lackluster offense around, and hopefully lead them to the playoffs.
Watch the Steelers vs. Chargers Game Online Live with Sling TV
One of the best and easiest options for catching the Steelers vs. Chargers game live on Monday Night Football is to use Sling TV.
Sling TV (full review here) is a streaming service that is marketed as an alternative to cable TV. Subscribers to Sling TV will be able to watch live content from 20+ popular television channels, including ESPN — all without cable. As you likely know, ESPN hosts MNF every week, so with Sling TV you can watch every Monday Night Football game live, all season long.
While ESPN and live MNF streaming is the main draw here, don’t forget that Sling TV also offers a ton of other quality content from channels like TNT, Adult Swim, TBS, and many more. There’s enough variety to keep the family happy while fulfilling your football craving every week.
There’s no need to commit to anything long-term, because Sling TV is no-contract. You can try out a month and cancel at any time with no penalties.
You can also try Sling TV for free with a 7-day trial.
Catch the Steelers vs. Chargers On-the-Go with NFL Mobile App (for Verizon Customers)
Another good way to watch the Steelers vs. Chargers live without cable is by using the NFL Mobile App. Verizon Wireless customers can enjoy live streaming of all local and primetime regular season NFL games, directly from their phone (Android, Windows, Apple, and Blackberry phones all work). Streaming is totally free for Verizon customers, but you can only watch games on your mobile device — the app is programmed to block mirroring on your TV.
Watch the Steelers vs. Chargers Game Live Using Your Antenna
Are you a football fan living in the Pittsburgh or San Diego area? If so, you may be able to catch the Steelers vs. Chargers MNF matchup over-the-air, for free, without cable. The only thing you’ll need is a quality antenna, like the Mohu Leaf 50. This game will simulcast on local broadcast TV in both teams’ markets, so if you live within the broadcasting area of either team, you’ll be able to enjoy the game for free.
If you don’t have the time to watch the game live, you can make use of an over-the-air DVR to increase your viewing options. A good DVR (the Tablo DVR is always a good choice) will allow you to record live TV, and watch the recorded games whenever you want. The Tablo can even stream recordings and live TV onto other connected devices, meaning you can watch the Steelers vs. Chargers online on your mobile devices when you’re on the go.
Catch Up with the Steelers vs. Chargers Replay on NFL Game Pass
If your schedule doesn’t allow you to watch the game live, the best way to catch a full replay of the Steelers vs. Chargers game is to use NFL Game Pass. This service is a perfect cable alternative for football fans because it lets you watch on-demand replays of every regular season game. Games are added to the online streaming library on the same day that they air on live TV. Generally, they are added immediately after the broadcast.
You’ll get a ton of content with Game Pass. You can learn all the details in our full NFL Game Pass review. Here are just a few of the awesome features you’ll enjoy with this service:
- Unlimited streaming of replays of regular season games, on-demand, on your own schedule
- Choose from full HD replays of the full broadcast version, or slimmed-down 30-minute replays
- Coaches Film, which offers exclusive camera angles not seen anywhere else
- Live audio coverage of all games
- Live streaming of select preseason games
- Access to a massive library of NFL games from seasons past – includes every regular season game since the 2009 season
Subscribers will enjoy all the above features, plus more, for $99 per year. You can even give the service a try risk-free with a free 7-day trial.
International Options for Steelers vs. Chargers Live Stream
The options fans have to watch NFL games without cable vary quite a bit depending on location. If you live outside of the United States, it’s generally easier to stream NFL games live than it is for fans living in the US. If you’re a fan of the NFL living abroad, these are your best options for catching the game:
- NFL Game Pass International — There is both a domestic and an international package of NFL Game Pass. For international subscribers, the service offers LIVE streaming of regular season NFL games — plus all the other great content of the domestic version. Some blackouts may apply. Click here to learn more.
- NOW TV (UK) — If you live in the United Kingdom, NOW TV is the best option for you. With this service, you gain access to live streaming of all 7 Sky Sports channels. Since Monday Night Football is shown live every week on Sky Sports, you’ll be able to enjoy it live all season long – plus gets tons of other great content. NOW TV is available in a variety of packages. You can get a month pass for the best value, or you can opt for a shorter subscription of one day or one week, which is helpful if you just want to watch a certain game or event. Click here to learn more.
Steelers vs. Chargers Live Stream Schedule
Date: Monday, October 12
Time: 7:10 p.m. ET (coverage begins), 8:30 p.m. ET (kickoff)
The Guide to Watching the NFL Online
To learn more about how you can legally watch football online without an expensive cable TV subscription, take a look at our 2015 NFL streaming guide.
Editor’s Note: Join a one-week fantasy football league at DraftKings for your chance to win big cash prizes with no season-long commitment. You can get free entry into a $3 game right now and a matching deposit up to $600 when you click here and sign up with promo code “CCT”.
Latest posts by Mr. Cable Cutter (see all)
- Watch Texas Flip N Move Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes And More - December 2, 2016
- Watch The Ultimate Athletic Yoga Collection featuring Kevin Love, Giancarlo Stanton and more! Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes And More - December 2, 2016
- Watch WWE: Randy Orton: RKO Outta Nowhere Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes And More - December 2, 2016