The third-seeded Oklahoma City Thunder will take on the 6th-seeded Dallas Mavericks in the first round of the playoffs. The Thunder have been hounded all season about not being atop the Western Conference in spite of their existing talent. But, with two teams, the Spurs and Warriors, having record setting seasons the Thunder have been slightly overlooked in terms of how good they really are and have full intention of proving it during a strong playoff run.
The Dallas Mavericks are not a team to sleep on though with a talented and well-rounded group of players. Dirk Nowitzki is still somehow averaging 18 points per game and the Mavericks know their biggest focus will be slowing down the high-powered Thunder offense. If you don’t want to miss a second of this series you are in luck, because there are now several options to watch the Thunder vs Mavericks live stream. Read on for more info!
Watch the Thunder vs Mavericks Online Through Sling TV
Sling TV is the best option to watch Thunder vs Mavericks online and it will let you watch nearly every NBA Playoff game this year. During the playoffs, the games will be broadcast on ABC, ESPN’s networks, and TNT. All of these can be watched with Sling TV’s starting package providing an easy way to get a Thunders vs Mavericks live stream. A few games will air on NBA TV, which you won’t be able to watch with Sling unless Sling offers access to local sports channels in your area.
Here are some more details about Sling TV:
- The starting package costs only $20 per month
- There is over 20 cable channels included in the package
- Channels featured include ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, CNN, TBS, AMC and more
- Can watch a Thunder vs Mavericks streaming on WatchESPN as well, by logging in with Sling TV credentials
- WatchESPN provides full coverage of channels like ESPN3 and ABC
- You can watch a Thunder vs Mavericks live stream on your phone, tablet, computer, or devices like Roku and Chromecast
- Ongoing deal for a free Roku 2 ($70 retail) or Roku 3 half-off when you subscribe to Sling TV for three months
- New deal from T-Mobile, for subscribers to get 30% off Sling TV down to only $14 per month with no impact on mobile streaming data with the Binge On Plan
Between the great deals and the ability to watch every game of the playoffs, Sling TV is definitely our top recommendation to watching the Thunder vs Mavericks streaming. You can find out more in our Sling TV review and test out the service by starting a 7-day free trial!
Subscribe to PlayStation Vue for a Thunder vs Mavericks Live Stream
PlayStation Vue is a competing cable alternative similar to Sling TV and will let you watch Thunder vs Mavericks online. It offers access to live streaming of popular cable channels for $29.99 per month. It is more expensive than Sling TV, but it does include more than 50 cable channels including TBS, TNT, ESPN, ESPN2, CNN, FS1, and many others. Find the full channel listings in our PlayStation Vue review.
You can watch Thunder vs Mavericks streaming on your TV with Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, or your PlayStation Console. Or, you can watch it with your iOS devices. There are some limitations for watching PlayStation Vue away from the house where some channels will be blocked out for sure. Overall though, PlayStation Vue is a solid option to watch the Thunder vs Mavericks live stream this postseason.
Use a Digital Antenna to Watch the NBA Playoffs on ABC
A digital antenna lets you pick up broadcasts from network channels like ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS. You can use an antenna, like our favorite the Mohu Leaf 50, to pick up ABC and watch some of the NBA Playoff games live.
If you hate the idea of sitting through commercials or missing the big play, a DVR is an awesome addition to any setup. There are now over-the-air DVRs, like the Tablo, that feature all the traditional DVR features for the TV you receive over your antenna. The Tablo can even be used to watch a Thunder vs Mavericks live stream, because it hooks up to the internet and lets you watch your antenna reception on your computer, phone, or tablet!
Thunder vs Mavericks Schedule
All games can be watched with Sling TV
Game 1: Sat. April 16th, at Oklahoma City, 9:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 2: Mon. April 18th, at Oklahoma City, 8:00 p.m. ET (TNT)
Game 3: Thu. April 21st, at Dallas, 7:00 p.m. ET (TNT)
Game 4: Sat. April 23rd, at Dallas, 8:00 p.m. ET (ESPN)
Game 5 (If needed): Mon. April 25th, at Oklahoma City, TBD (TBD)
Game 6 (If needed): Thu. April 28th, at Dallas, TBD (TBD)
Game 7 (If needed): Sat. April 30th, at Oklahoma City, TBD (TNT)
If you want to watch every series of the NBA Playoffs online, check out our full playoff guide!
Latest posts by Matt Pelletier (see all)
- Manchester Derby Live Stream: Watch Manchester United vs Manchester City Online - October 21, 2016
- Watch Family Guy Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes and More - October 13, 2016
- NFL Sunday Ticket Online Review: Streaming Service Expands for 2016 Season - October 10, 2016