Chicago Fire is one of three Chicago-based shows airing on NBC, the other two being Chicago PD and, the newest of the three, Chicago Med. As the name would suggest, Chicago Fire is all about the Chicago Fire Department, specifically Fire House 51, and the firemen and EMTs that serve there. If you’re a fan of the show but want to get rid of your big cable bill, luckily, there are ways that you can watch Chicago Fire online? Our guide below has compiled all of the possible, legal ways to do so.
Chicago Fire is one of NBC’s most popular shows. It airs on Tuesday nights at 10 p.m. ET. As NBC is a local network, you might be able to watch Chicago Fire online free if you have an antenna and over-the-air DVR. If you don’t, the good news is that there are plenty of ways to watch Chicago Fire full episodes online. The following guide will tell you all of the best ways to watch Chicago Fire on a variety of devices.
Watch Chicago Fire Streaming on Hulu
Hulu is one of the best streaming services available. You get brand new episodes from plenty of networks as soon as eight days after they air (and in many cases as soon as a day). You also get hundreds of full seasons of older shows and a revolving library of movies. As far as Chicago Fire goes, Hulu offers new episodes the day after they air and they have the five most recent episodes available. If you can live with a few commercials per episode, the cost is just $7.99 a month. If you don’t want commercials, it’s still a reasonable $11.99 a month. You can stream Hulu on most devices.
Check Out the Chicago Fire Live Stream on Playstation Vue
Playstation Vue is a live stream service offering over 55 popular cable channels for $29.99 a month, and you can cancel at any time. If you live in Philadelphia, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, Chicago, or New York, you receive all of the local channels including NBC in your live stream channels. If you aren’t in one of those areas, you still receive local channels, but they end up in the on-demand library the day after the show airs. You can watch Vue (review) on iPad, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, or the PS3 or PS4 gaming consoles.
The only major downside to Playstation Vue is the mobile restrictions they place on each account. You are tied to your home location. If you try to watch shows outside of your home, chances are, you will be unable to do so. If you’re able to do anything at all, you will be severely limited in your abilities — so this is something to consider if you like to watch on-the-go.
Watch Chicago Fire Online Free with a Digital Antenna & OTA DVR
Since Chicago Fire is on NBC, you can watch it on your TV without paying a dime if you have a digital antenna. If you don’t have a digital antenna, we recommend the Mohu Leaf. This great antenna actually scans for channels in a 50-mile radius, so as long as you don’t live in the middle of the woods, you should end up with plenty of channels, including NBC. You can also pair your antenna with an over-the-air DVR, like the Tablo. With this DVR, you’ll be able to watch one program and record another, fast-forward through commercials, and even be able to move your recordings from your DVR to the device of your choice so you can watch your programs away from home.
Other Ways to Watch Chicago Fire Online
If you’re looking for a more permanent solution as opposed to just watching the Chicago Fire live stream, you could decide to purchase full seasons from a variety of services. The plus side here is that you own the episodes you buy, and they are yours for life. You can also watch Chicago Fire online on most devices, no matter which service you pick, when you buy your episodes. The downside is more that the cost, while small at first, adds up quickly. If you watch a wide variety of shows, to save money, you’ll either want to invest in each show’s season pass option, or look into subscription services, which gives you the choice of watching hundreds of shows at one low monthly price.
- Amazon Instant Video: Amazon has great deals on all of the previous seasons of Chicago Fire. Single episodes are $2, and a season pass is available for currently airing seasons. New episodes arrive in your video library by the next day. You can watch Amazon on most devices.
- Vudu: Vudu also offers comparable deals, with new episodes being $2, and the price lowering if you buy the season pass. You can watch episodes on most devices, and new episodes will appear within a day.
- Google Play & iTunes: Google Play and iTunes are two different services that cater more to mobile users. Google caters to Android users, and iTunes works primarily with Apple devices. New episodes are closer to $3, but there are season pass options available. You can watch new episodes as soon as one day after they initially air.
Still have questions about how to watch Chicago Fire online? Just leave us your questions in the comments. Our TV search tool is a great option if you’re looking for new ways to watch TV online. And, if you’re a cord cutter looking to save a buck on your Internet service, give our ISP search tool a try!
Latest posts by Ashtyn Evans (see all)
- Watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes and More - October 20, 2016
- Eero Review: WiFi Router for Faster Home Internet - October 18, 2016
- How to Watch Presidential Debate without Cable: Clinton Trump Debate Live Stream - October 18, 2016