The First 48 is a true crime documentary series that airs on A&E. Fans of the show will be pleased to know that the newest season is set to begin on January 7 at 9 PM ET. Filmed across the United States, The First 48 offers an up close and personal look at the world of homicide investigations. Every episode features the first 48 hours of an investigation in alternating views of one or more homicides, often occurring in multiple cities. As the first 48 hours is mainly shown, viewers see the very beginning of an investigation including interviews, forensic evidence detection, and other detective work. While some investigations are solved, many continue long after they appear on The First 48. Keep reading to learn how you can watch the first 48 online.
There are plenty of ways to watch The First 48 live stream legally without a cable connection. Depending on how you choose to watch this documentary series you can watch the live stream when it airs or choose a variety of options to watch new, full episodes, the day after they air. We’ve included all of the free and low-cost options to watch The First 48 full episodes online without paying for cable.
Watch The First 48 Live Stream Using Sling TV
Sling TV is a newer service that allows you to watch a number of popular cable channels without paying the ridiculous prices that cable companies sometimes charge. For just $20 each month, you can live stream several popular channels including A&E, AMC, ESPN, TNT, and more. You don’t have any contract, so you just pay monthly and can cancel at any time. As Sling TV is primarily a live stream service, you will be able to watch The First 48 as it airs. If you miss it, the on-demand catalog puts out new episodes either directly after the episode airs or at the very latest, the next day. You can watch The First 48 live stream or watch full episodes later with ease using Sling TV.
If you’ve never tried Sling TV, now is the perfect time to give it a shot. The service is currently offering a free 7-day trial, which would be the perfect opportunity to check out The First 48 and see how you like Sling TV before purchasing it. To make this deal even better, if you decide you like the service and you sign up for three months, Sling TV will give you a free Roku Streaming Stick or 50% off a Roku 3 Streaming Media Player. This is an excellent deal because not only do you have the chance to watch The First 48 full episodes, you also have access to other channels through Sling TV and the over 2,000 streaming apps offered on the Roku.
Other Legal Ways to Watch The First 48 Online
There are several other legal ways to watch The First 48 online. In all of these cases you’d need to pay a small amount of money per episode to watch the show.
- Amazon Instant Video: With Amazon Instant, new episodes of The First 48 are available the day after they air on television. You will have to pay around $2 per episode or buy the Season Pass to ensure that all episodes are added to your library when they become available.
- Vudu: Similar to Amazon, episodes cost around $2 or you can purchase a season pass. With Vudu, episodes are not available via live streaming, so you will have to wait for the next day to watch The First 48 online.
- Google Play: Android users can watch The First 48 on their phones or tablets or using the Google Play website. The service works just like Amazon and Vudu, with a pay-per-episode set up.
- iTunes: Apple users can take advantage of iTunes to watch The First 48 online using their tablets, phones, or other Apple devices. The pay structure works the same as Amazon, so you’ll need to pay a small amount per episode.
Watch Old Episodes of The First 48 on Netflix
If you have Netflix, you can watch a collection of older episodes of The First 48 right now. The downside here is that it’s not all of the old episodes and you won’t be able to watch any new episodes this way. Still, if you’re new to the show and want to learn more about it, or have some episodes to catch up on before the new season, you might be able to catch some of the episodes you’ve missed with Netflix.
Do you still have questions about how to watch The First 48 online without cable? If so, just leave us a comment and we’ll be sure to help you out!
How to Watch Other A&E Shows Online
If you’re a fan of A&E Network’s intense drama series, like The First 48, you may be interested in learning how to watch other A&E shows online. Well, we’ve got you covered – check out our A&E live streaming guide to learn the best ways to watch A&E without cable.
Latest posts by Ashtyn Evans (see all)
- Watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes and More - October 20, 2016
- Eero Review: WiFi Router for Faster Home Internet - October 18, 2016
- How to Watch Presidential Debate without Cable: Clinton Trump Debate Live Stream - October 18, 2016