Underground is an exciting new period drama about the Underground Railroad. If you don’t have cable, there are still plenty of ways for you to watch Underground online.
The Underground Railroad was a network of secret routes and safe houses used by African-American slaves in an effort to escape to free states. The show was created by Misha Green and Joe Pokaski, whose combined television credits include familiar titles such as Heroes, Daredevil and Spartacus. This highly anticipated series debuts on WGN America on March 9 at 10 p.m. ET.
The guide below will outline your options so that you can watch Underground full episodes without a cable subscription.
Crackle Offers Underground Episodes Free for a Limited Time
Right now, the easiest way to watch Underground online is through the free streaming service Crackle. For a limited time, Crackle will be offering episodes of the new WGN show free to stream, as soon as the day after each episode airs. Some reports have claimed that Crackle will only carry the first 3 episodes of Underground, but if that’s the case and where the show will be available afterward remains to be seen. For now, Crackle is a great way to watch Underground online, and it’s available on just about all streaming platforms.
Can You Watch Underground Online With Hulu?
Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services, and with good reason. It boasts a huge library of hit movies and TV shows which can be streamed on just about anything: gaming consoles, computers, tablets, streaming players, mobile devices, and of course, your TV. As a Hulu member, you’ll have access to networks such as FOX, ABC, NBC, Comedy Central, MTV, History, A&E, AMC, Bravo, and more.
New episodes of WGN content will become available within days of airing, so in the future, this may be an option for watching Underground. For now, however, the show isn’t among the WGN content available on Hulu. The subscription fee for Hulu is $7.99 a month for limited commercials or $11.99 a month for the ad-free version.
Other Legal Options For Streaming Underground
There are several other options available to watch Underground online.
With these services, individual episodes can be purchased the day after they air, so you won’t have to play catch up. Discounted season passes are sometimes available, so be sure to look out for those when reviewing these services as they’re the best all-around deadl.
- Amazon Instant Video: Episodes typically run about $2-$3 per episode, which is best if you’re trying out Underground to see if you like it, and especially if you don’t want to commit to a subscription streaming service. Or you can purchase a season pass, which will automatically load new episodes of Underground into your account once they become available.
- Vudu: Vudu is similar to Amazon Instant Video. They have a wide selection of movies and TV available, and you can watch episodes on most devices. Once again, episodes typically cost up to $3 per episode, or you can choose to buy a season pass.
- iTunes: This is a good option if you’re already familiar with Apple products and services. But even if you aren’t, navigating the iTunes Store is very intuitive. Pay-per-episode fees are usually around $2.99.
We hope that this guide has provided you with the necessary tools to watch Underground online! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to help you out.
When you’re browsing your favorite shows and how to watch them, don’t forget that we have a Search Tool to make your job easier.
Latest posts by Trilby Beresford (see all)
- Watch The Voice Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes, & More - September 16, 2016
- Watch Ash vs Evil Dead Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes and More - September 12, 2016
- Watch Animal Kingdom Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes and More - June 7, 2016