If you’ve ever taken a look at any of our CBS television show guides like NCIS or CSI, you’ve probably seen us talk about the CBS All Access streaming service. This is the network’s standalone streaming service that lets users watch full episodes of just about every CBS show on a variety of devices – and now, it can even be used to watch live NFL games! And now in many areas, it allows for a live local CBS feed without an antenna. Below, explore our full CBS All Access review to learn more.
What is CBS All Access? Is CBS All Access worth it? What features does it offer that makes it stand apart from other streaming services? How much is CBS All Access’ price? Is there a CBS All Access free trial? Throughout this CBS All Access review, we’ll cover all the essentials of all that you need to know about this popular online service (even how to cancel CBS All Access if you want a break from the service), and hopefully answer any questions you may already have.
What Features Are Available on CBS All Access?
What is CBS All Access and what does it have to offer? Here are some of the best features that CBS All Access has to offer:
- Watch on a number of devices: CBS All Access is available on all of your favorite streaming devices, including Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, PlayStation 4, and Xbox 360, Windows 10, as well as smart phones and tablets (iOS/Android). That means you can watch CBS on Roku and all of these other great devices.
- Enjoy all of CBS’ hit shows on demand any time: If you end up taking advantage of the All Access service, you can enjoy their full library of content from current and classic shows.New episodes of current shows are typically added just after they air live on TV.
- Enjoy LIVE NFL on CBS Games: CBS recently announced that subscribers of CBS All Access will now have access to LIVE streams of all NFL games that air on CBS All Access in their area. This means tons of Sunday Afternoon Football, plus Thursday Night Football every week! You’ll be able to live stream the games that air in your local area, just like if you had cable!
- Ad-Free classic show library that can be accessed at any time: Sometimes you’re just in the mood for a classic, right? Well thanks to the generosity of CBS, you can watch any of those classic shows completely ad-free on All Access.
- Commercial-free or limited ad options: CBS All Access now offers two different subscription options. CBS All Access cost just $5.99 for a version that includes limited commercials, or you can go completely commercial-free for $9.99 a month.
- Over 8,500 episodes: We can’t not mention this one, because we all know that CBS has put out some pretty amazing shows. With access to over 8,500 total episodes, there’s always something great to watch.
How Much Does CBS All Access Cost?
CBS All Access now offers two plans — $5.99 a month with limited commercials or $9.99 a month with no commercials. Both plans give you full access to the same content, it’s just that one has occasional commercial breaks and the other doesn’t. The lowest CBS All Access price is cheaper than Netflix, Hulu, and just about every other streaming service out there. If you do ever get tired of it, or you’ve had it long enough to satiate your television desires, cancellation is a breeze. You pay month-to-month and can cancel any time you want without penalty. We’ll detail how to cancel CBS All Access a little later in this review.
What Shows Are on CBS All Access?
CBS All Access has a huge library of hit TV shows, including originals you can’t find anywhere else (like the upcoming spinoff of The Good Wife and the new Star Trek: Discovery series), all of your favorites that air on CBS, and a number of classic shows that you may not even be aware they have the rights to! Just to name a few of the most popular shows you can watch on All Access:
- Big Brother
- The Good Wife
- The Big Bang Theory
- Criminal Minds
- Blue Bloods
- Rush Hour
- Much more
Basically, if it’s ever found it’s way to the CBS show vault, you’ll be able to watch it! From the gritty crime solving episodes of NCIS among others to the reality shows like Big Brother, you’ll have months of entertainment lined up and waiting. And don’t forget that All Access has a deep vault of classics, including Beverly Hills 90210, Cheers, Brady Bunch, Star Trek, Twin Peaks, and a whole lot more.
Will I be Able to Watch Live Sports with the All Access Service?
Yes! Not only does CBS All Access offer tons of live and on-demand TV shows, but they also offer select live sports. The most notable inclusion for sports fans is coverage of all NFL on CBS games! As CBS recently announced, subscribers of CBS All Access will be able to live stream all CBS-hosted NFL games that air in their local area. This is huge news for football fans!
How Does Live NFL on CBS All Access Work?
If you haven’t yet heard, the NFL is coming to CBS All Access! We discussed this briefly in the previous section, but since so many NFL fans are curious about how this all works, we’re going to break it down for our readers.
Basically, all NFL games that air on CBS will now also air on CBS All Access. You’ll be able to watch all the games that would normally air on your local CBS affiliate. This includes regular season, preseason and even postseason games. You can check out the official NFL schedule to see which games air on CBS.
During the regular season, this will mostly mean live coverage of select Thursday Night Football and Sunday Afternoon Football games. Again, any game that usually airs on CBS in your area will now be view-able using the streaming service.
One thing to note is that there may be mobile restrictions for these games. You’ll be able to watch at home, but due to licensing restrictions, you most likely will not be able to stream the game live on your mobile device while on-the-go.
Is CBS All Access Live Streaming?
While All Access is like Netflix with its huge on-demand library of hit shows, it is in the process of adding a live streaming feature. Currently, they’ve rolled it out to over 150 selected cities. That’s the majority of the country. If your market isn’t served now with live TV, they are always in the process of adding live streaming to more cities. There’s a good chance you can already use CBS All Access to watch the network live in your city. To learn if CBS All Access allows a live local stream in your city, click here.
What Devices Can I Watch CBS All Access On?
You can view your favorite shows from any mobile device or computer, Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. There’s no limit to how many devices you connect to your account, though they do limit the simultaneous viewers to two at any point in time, regardless of location.
Does CBS All Access Offer a Free Trial?
Are you one of those people that like to try before you buy? Well thanks to the one-week free trial, you can do just that. We highly suggest taking a look at all the shows available during this time to see if you’d get a true use from it or not. Of course, with thousands of hit shows available and new episodes being added just after they air, chances are you’ll want to keep the service.
Are There Any CBS All Access Promo Codes?
Another pretty sweet feature from the CBS team is that they do sometimes offer promotional codes. Sometimes they’ll roll out with ‘One Month Free’ promo codes, and they generally have them before big premiere seasons – e.g. Fall. While CBS All Access promo codes may be a viable option while they’re around, there’s no year-long promotion, so if you’re looking to test the waters first, we still suggest taking advantage of the free one-week trial to try out the service.
How Do I Cancel CBS All Access?
One of the great things about this service, and most other streaming services, is you pay month to month and can cancel at any time without penalty. You don’t get that benefit with cable TV where you’re locked into a contract and face heavy cancellation fees. So, that means you can pick up and drop your subscription whenever you want.
With that in mind, if you do decide you no longer wish to continue your service, here’s how to cancel CBS All Access.
- Login to your CBS All Access account.
- In the upper right corner, click on your name, and choose “CBS All Access Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the page and choose “Cancel My Subscription” in the “Looking for some help?” section.
- Check the box and confirm your cancellation.
Hopefully, we’ve answered the questions you may have had in this CBS All Access review, but if we haven’t, then feel free to leave a comment down below and we’ll help. If you find this review helpful, please share it on social media to help spread the word!
Mr. Cable Cutter
Latest posts by Mr. Cable Cutter (see all)
- What is DIRECTV NOW? Review, Cost, Channels List, Free Trial Info, More - January 18, 2017
- How to Legally Watch ESPN Online (Even Free!) without a Cable Subscription - January 12, 2017
- OTA DVR Comparison for Cord Cutters: Best OTA DVRs of 2017 - January 10, 2017