Sling TV subscribers, your channel options got a little more robust this month as the service announced two new additions: one bringing local weather and one bringing more family friendly content.
First up is Showtime Family Zone, which is being added to the Showtime Premium add-on, which costs $10 a month. Family Zone has “wholesome films and specials the entire family will love,” with examples of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Akeelah and the Bee given. While made their name on content that wasn’t necessarily family friendly, but there’s nothing worse than a PG-13 rating on Family Zone.
That means Sling’s Showtime package includes:
- The original Showtime
- Showtime 2
- Showtime West
- Showtime Showcase – which has first run movies plus original made for TV films made especially for Showtime
- Showtime Extreme – which has mostly action/adventure films, thrillers, gangster movies and live sports including boxing and MMA
- Showtime Women – which has original special programming and series geared towards females
- Showtime Next – which has movies geared towards millennial adults between 18 and 34
The Showtime add-on for Sling is only $10 extra a month, and given that it now adds 8 networks, it’s not a bad choice at all.
Also coming to Sling is WeatherNation, a network that will play host to all things weather – local, regional, and national. The network will have 24/7 updates about breaking weather alerts, hyper local information, and national and local radar. WeatherNation joins the News Extra tier, which has networks like HLN, The Blaze, and BBC World News. Sling Blue and Sling Orange subscribers can add the package for only $5 a month.
As a part of the initial rollout though, all Sling subscribers will get a free trial of WeatherNation for six months.
While these two additions on their own aren’t really “dealmakers” for people considering cutting the cable, it’s certainly nice to see streaming services offer things cable subscribers were used to.
Latest posts by Artie Beaty (see all)
- YouTube TV Available in 31 More Cities - August 17, 2017
- McGregor-Mayweather Fight Will Be Available On Sling TV - August 16, 2017
- Sling TV Subscribers Can Now Watch TV On Google Chrome - August 15, 2017