If you’re new to Sling TV, or to online streaming in general, you may be wondering just how it works. If you’re unfamiliar with the service, Sling TV is an online streaming service that allows you to watch live TV (30+ channels) for only $20 per month. If you’ve recently signed up, and are looking to learn how to watch Sling TV on PC, Mac or your laptop, you’ve come to the right place! If you just want to learn more about Sling TV in general, head over to our full review here.
One of the best parts about Sling TV is that you can watch it on practically any device. Unlike traditional cable subscriptions, which lock you down to your TV only, Sling works on most major devices, from anywhere with an internet connection. And while most of the time you’ll probably want to watch on your TV using a streaming device, sometimes you’ll want to use your computer. In the guide below, we’ll walk you through how to watch Sling TV on laptop, desktop PCs, and Apple computers.
How to Watch Sling TV on PC: Follow These Steps
Watching Sling TV on your computer is fairly straightforward, but we’re going to break it down step by step to make things easy for you. Follow the simple instructions below, and let us know if you have any questions.
Step One: Sign Up for Sling TV
If you already have a Sling membership, skip down to step #2 below.
First things first – you’ll need to get signed up for Sling TV! They always offer a free 7-day trial, so you can easily test things out before committing.
Sling offers a few different packages, with prices starting from $20 a month. It’s contract-free, so no commitment required. All versions of the service include a free 7 day trial. There are also some limited time deals that are worth considering if you’re just signing up, including:
- Prepay for 3 months and get a free Roku streaming device
- Prepay for 3 months and get a discounted Apple TV
- If you’re a T-Mobile subscriber, you can get 30% off select Sling TV packages
Once you’re all signed up, continue on to step 2 below!
Step Two: Download the App
Sling TV has dedicated apps/programs for each device it supports. You can’t stream directly in your web browser, so you’ll have to download the app for your PC or Mac.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Head to the Sling TV homepage
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom
- Look for the “Get The App” section (see picture below)
4. Click on “Install Now”
5. Select your operating system (see picture below)
6. Click on “Get the App” under your operating system
7. The file will start downloading, and you can click “Run” to begin installing
8. Depending on your operating system, you may have to click on the completed download to begin the install, and you may have to sign in as an administrator to install the program.
9. Follow the instructions on the program installation software
10. When the program has installed, click “Finish” and the newly installed Sling TV app will open
11. Sign in, and explore everything that Sling has to offer!
If you’re wondering how to watch Sling TV on PC, this is where to start. This process is very similar for PC and Mac products, and both laptops and desktops. So, learning how to watch Sling TV on Mac or on your laptop is about the same process. Once you have the app installed and you’re signed in, continue on to step #3 below.
Step Three: Explore the Content
Next up, you’re ready to start watching! When you first sign in, the homepage of your Sling TV app will look something like this:
From here, you can add channels to your list of favorites, see whats On Now, search for movies, shows and live sporting events, save favorites, and search for on-demand content. Sling does a great job of combining live TV with a good selection of on-demand content, so there’s no shortage of things to watch.
The Home icon lists your saved My Channels, your favorite programs, and a Continue Watching section to pick off where you left off.
The On Now icon (right under Home) lists all the programs that are currently on live, conveniently sorted by genre/category. This is a refreshing change from endlessly scrolling through channels, trying to find something worth watching.
For sports fans, you’ll notice a Sports icon on the left hand side that lists upcoming games and sporting events. As you know, Sling carries the ESPN family of networks, as well as FS1, and FOX Sports in some areas.
Now you know how to watch Sling TV on PC! It’s a good idea to just explore the app and see everything it has to offer. Now you can watch Sling TV on computer, as well as on your mobile devices, streaming players and more. If you need more help, you can find more detailed instructions here. Thanks for reading, and enjoy!
Latest posts by Austin Meadows (see all)
- CBS Sports Network Live Stream: How to Watch CBSSN Online without Cable - June 26, 2017
- Pacquiao vs Horn Live Stream: Watch Online without Cable - June 26, 2017
- Confederations Cup Live Stream: Watch Online without Cable - June 13, 2017