The thin air of Denver makes the Colorado Rockies one of the most exciting teams in the MLB to watch on a nightly basis. There is just something special about seeing long home runs on a regular basis. In addition to the thin air, the Rockies are must-watch television because of their great third baseman Nolan Arenado. If follow the guide below, then you will get to watch the Colorado Rockies online without getting tied down in a cable contract.
Whether you’re a casual baseball viewer or a hardcore Rockies fan, if you’ve recently cancelled cable, you may be wondering how you can still enjoy your favorite team. If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place – in this guide we’ll show you exactly how to watch the Colorado Rockies online.
Access Colorado Rockies Live Stream on Sling TV
Sling TV may be the best alternative to cable television on the market right now. This streaming service is provided by Dish Network, but it features more affordable options that can be cancelled or changed at any time. Here is how you can watch the Rockies online using Sling TV:
- Sling TV gives you LIVE access to 20+ popular cable channels for $20 a month
- Access channels like ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, TNT, AMC, CNN and many more
- Enjoy at least three MLB games each week on ESPN and ESPN2
- Sunday afternoon games on TBS for final three months of the 2016 season
- Wild Card, Division Series and LCS games on TBS
- Use Sling to watch the Colorado Rockies online anywhere you have an internet connection
- Access Sling on your smartphone, tablet, computer, or streaming device.
- Get a FREE Roku 2 streaming device when you buy 3 months of service!
- No contract!
Try out the service for free for one week to “try before you buy”. If you have T-mobile, check out the Best of live TV package, where you can get up to one year of service for only $14 a month. For non T-mobile subscribers, you’ll pay just $20 a month. You can also read the full details in our review of Sling TV.
Watch The Colorado Rockies Online with PlayStation Vue
Sony has a new streaming service called PlayStation Vue that will let you watch 50+ select cable networks for just $30 each month. ESPN, ESPN 2 and TBS are all included in the basic package, which are three of the channels that broadcast a ton of live Rockies games. There are some slight restrictions on local channels and streaming devices with PlayStation Vue, so learn more about the service in our full review. Keep in mind, if you like watching on the go, you may be limited as Vue is only available in your home, though you can watch some channels on the go with your iPad or iPhone.
Catch Out-of-Market Colorado Rockies Live Streams on MLB.tv
Watch Free Rockies Live Streams Using an Antenna and DVR
Since most streaming services do not come with your local channels, you will want to hook up an antenna to your television at home to get access to this local content. Using an antenna lets you watch the Saturday game of the week, the All-Star game and the World Series on your local FOX station for free. Pairing the antenna with a DVR makes it possible to record your favorite programming and get live streams on your tablet or smartphone. While there are dozens of great antennas and DVRs available to purchase, we recommend the Mohu Leaf antenna and the Tablo DVR.
Mr. Cable Cutter
Latest posts by Mr. Cable Cutter (see all)
- How to Legally Watch ESPN Online (Even Free!) without a Cable Subscription - January 12, 2017
- OTA DVR Comparison for Cord Cutters: Best OTA DVRs of 2017 - January 10, 2017
- What is DIRECTV NOW? Review, Cost, Channels List, Free Trial Info, More - January 9, 2017