Basketball is back at last, and the Hornets are looking like a strong team this year. For fans of the Hornets, there’s great news — there are some easy, cheap (even free!), totally legal ways to watch a Charlotte Hornets live stream this postseason.
If you no longer have cable TV, you should learn how to watch the Charlotte Hornets online. There are a variety of safe, legal options to watch NBA games online without cable, which we will go over in detail below. The best part? You can watch the Hornets game online on all your devices at a fraction of the cost of cable TV.
Watch Charlotte Hornets Live Stream with Sling TV
For the majority of basketball fans, the best way to stream the Hornets game is by using Sling TV.
Sling TV is offered by Dish Network, but it’s nothing like cable or satellite TV. For one, it’s much more affordable with plans from just $20 per month. Plus, it’s no-contract, so you don’t have to commit to anything long-term. You can try a single month if you’d like, and cancel at any time with no penalties.
So, how can you use Sling TV to watch the Charlotte Hornets game live stream? Here’s how:
- Sign up for a FREE 7-day trial of Sling Blue
- Sling Blue costs just $25 a month, and includes 40+ channels
- For residents of the Southeast, Sling Blue includes FOX Sports Southeast
- You can use FOX Sports Southeast to watch nearly EVERY Hornets game of the regular season!
- Enjoy live content from 40+ other great channels, including TBS, TNT, AMC, CNN, Disney Channel, and more!
- Use Sling TV to stream the Hornets game on your mobile device, smart TV, streaming player, or computer.
- Cancel at any time. Sling TV is no contract.
Clearly, Sling TV is ideal for Hornets fans living in the Southeast. If you don’t live in the Southeast, you won’t get access to FOX Sports Southeast, but you’ll still be able to watch some NBA games. Sling TV includes ESPN and TNT streaming, which will be useful during the season as well as for a NBA playoffs live stream. Note that ESPN is not available in all packages.
Also, you should take note of some limited time promotions going on right now, such as:
- Sign up for 3 months of Sling TV and get a completely free Roku
- Or, choose a deeply discounted Apple TV with the same 3-month deal
- Enjoy a full week of Sling TV for FREE with the 7-day free trial offer
The real beauty of Sling TV is that it gives you a lot of variety. There’s content for the whole family – Disney Channel for the kids, A&E and History Channel for mom, and ESPN and TNT for dad.
To review, in terms of NBA coverage, Sling TV offers:
- FOX Sports Southeast live stream (for Southeast US residents), so you can enjoy ALL Hornets games live!
- ESPN live stream so you can enjoy every game on the network (Wednesdays and Fridays)
- Live streaming of every game aired on TNT (Thursdays, some Tuesdays)
- Live streaming of every game aired on ABC (using the WatchESPN App)
- Live streaming of post-game content from TNT (including Inside the NBA)
As you can see, Sling TV offers plenty of live basketball coverage, plus a ton of other great content for the whole family. You can check out our Sling TV review for more details.
Stream the Charlotte Hornets Game with PlayStation Vue
Another good way to stream the Hornets game is to use a service like PlayStation Vue.
Vue works in a similar way to Sling TV, giving you live streaming access to many channels. Vue’s plans offer 50+ channels, and start from $30 a month. While we like Vue overall (read our review here), it’s somewhat limited in terms of NBA coverage. Right now, the only two channels offered by Vue that will be useful for NBA fans are ESPN and TNT. These channels will be useful during the regular season, as well as for the NBA All Star Game live stream, and streaming the NBA Playoffs.
While ESPN and TNT will offer 100+ basketball games this season, both of these channels are also included on Sling TV. And, Sling TV offers much more than that, for a cheaper price. So, at this point in time, we recommend using Sling TV over PlayStation Vue.
Watch Charlotte Hornets Live Stream and On-Demand Replays with NBA League Pass
Another good way to watch the Charlotte Hornets online is by using NBA League Pass.
If you’re not familiar with the service, League Pass is the NBA’s official streaming service. It offers fans live streaming of all regular season NBA games, from the convenience of your couch. You can use League Pass on a variety of devices, and it’s overall a very simple and effective way to keep up with your favorite teams.
There is a catch, and it’s a big one: local teams within your broadcasting area are blacked out on League Pass. This means that Hornets fans living in the Charlotte area will not be able to watch Hornets games live using League Pass. This is because the cable networks have exclusive rights to provide live coverage to fans within their team’s local broadcasting area.
Long story short, if you’re living in the Charlotte area and wanting to follow the Hornets, League Pass is probably not for you. If you’re living elsewhere, League Pass offers an easy way to watch the Charlotte Hornets online, plus keep up with your other teams.
The full NBA League Pass service, which costs $199.99 per season, offers:
- Live streaming of NBA games on computers, streaming devices, mobile phones and tablets
- Live coverage of all games during the regular season
- On-demand HD replays of all games
- On-demand HD replays of NBA Playoff games
- On-demand HD replays of epic classic NBA games
- Local teams are blacked out
There is also an NBA Team Pass option, which costs $119.99 per season, and offers the same content listed above, but only for a single team of your choosing. Local teams are still blacked out with this service.
Lastly, there is an NBA Single Game Pass option, which costs just $6.99 per game. This option offers live streaming of any game of your choosing. Again, local teams are blacked out.
Watch Free NBA Games with Your Antenna
Question: What’s better than watching basketball?
Answer: Watching basketball for free!
Believe it or not, you can watch a number of NBA games this season completely free, using an over-the-air antenna. HD antennas can pick up all over-the-air channels, which includes ABC. ABC offers a game or two each week, which you can enjoy for free. If you already have an antenna, you’re set to enjoy many games this season. If not, check our guide to finding the right TV antenna.
Watching games live is always a good time, but sometimes your schedule just doesn’t allow you to do that. When that happens, we recommend using a DVR to record the game to watch later. A lot of our readers wanted recommendations on quality DVR sets, so we put together an over-the-air DVR comparison guide to help our readers select the DVR that suites their needs and budget.
Watch the Charlotte Hornets Online without Blackouts with NBA League Pass International
For fans living abroad in areas like Australia, Ireland, and the UK, the International version of League Pass can be a good option to watch the Charlotte Hornets online. The service is very similar to the standard version we described in detail above, with on huge bonus: it’s blackout free. So, no teams are blacked out, and you can use League Pass International to keep up with every NBA team, all season long.
Stream the Hornets Game Live from Outside the US with a VPN
Another easy way to watch the Charlotte Hornets game live stream from outside the United States is to use a VPN service. Click here to find out how to go about this.
Need help understanding how to watch the Charlotte Hornets online? Feel free to leave a comment or contact me. You can also head over to our NBA streaming guide.
Mr. Cable Cutter
Latest posts by Mr. Cable Cutter (see all)
- What is DIRECTV NOW? Review, Cost, Channels List, Free Trial Info, More - January 18, 2017
- How to Legally Watch ESPN Online (Even Free!) without a Cable Subscription - January 12, 2017
- OTA DVR Comparison for Cord Cutters: Best OTA DVRs of 2017 - January 10, 2017