Upcoming Games -
*Some games are region-locked and not available nationally -- check your local listings
The wait is finally over – basketball season is upon us! As the season continues, fans from all over are excited to see the Brooklyn Nets (hopefully) dominate the NBA. If you’re someone who follows the Nets religiously, or if you just want to be able to stream the Nets game every now and then, you should have a plan for how to watch the Brooklyn Nets online.
If you have cancelled cable to save money, you should learn how to watch a Brooklyn Nets game live stream. In the guide below, you’ll find all the various methods and services you can use to keep current with your favorite team, without having to pay a small fortune every month for cable TV.
Watch Brooklyn Nets Live Stream with Sling TV
For most people, the easiest and cheapest way to watch the Brooklyn Nets online is to use Sling TV.
For those that don’t know, Sling TV is basically a cable alternative. It lets you watch many cable networks, just like you would normally, without the 12-month contract and $100+ monthly bill. You can read our Sling TV review for more information.
If you live in the New York area, or in certain parts of New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Connecticut, you can use Sling TV to watch EVERY SINGLE Brooklyn Nets game of the season! How? Because Sling TV includes YES Network streaming in their “Sling Blue” package for residents of these areas. As you likely know, YES Network is home to ALL Nets games, as well as all Yankees games.
Here’s what you’ll get for $25/month with Sling TV:
- Watch Brooklyn Nets game live stream for ALL games via YES Network streaming (available to local fans only)
- Live streaming of ALL content from more than 40 of TV’s most popular networks
- Enjoy live content from Food Network, AMC, ESPN, TNT, and more
- Enjoy live sports content, including live NBA games with ESPN streaming, ESPN2, and a TNT live stream (note ESPN networks are not available in all channel packages)
- Stream content at your convenience, using a number of different devices – computers, tablets, smartphones, and streaming players all work with Sling TV
You’ll get all that, and more, for $25 per month. And, even better, Sling TV is no-contract, so you don’t have to commit to anything and can cancel at any time.
For a limited time, you can take advantage of a number of promotions. Sign up for 3 months of Sling TV, and you can choose from a completely free Roku or a huge discount on an Apple TV. A Roku device is the perfect way to enjoy Sling TV directly on your television, and with this promo, you’ll get one for free!
For NBA fans, Sling TV offers a lot of content, including:
- Live coverage of every Brooklyn Nets game aired on YES Network (every game of the season, minus a few potential blackouts)
- See the Brooklyn Nets season schedule
- Live coverage of every NBA game aired on ESPN (every Wednesday and Friday, plus NBA Playoffs action)
- See the NBA on ESPN schedule
- Live coverage of every NBA game aired on TNT (every Thursday, some Tuesdays, plus the NBA All Star Game streaming)
- See the NBA on TNT schedule
- Live coverage of every NBA game aired on ABC (via the WatchESPN App)
- See the NBA on ABC schedule
- Live analytical content and post-game coverage from TNT (including Inside the NBA)
In the end, Sling TV is the best way for most people to watch NBA games online without cable. Why not try a free 7-day trial?
DIRECTV NOW Gives You the Brooklyn Nets Live Stream
For Nets fans, another service that can be used for Brooklyn Nets streaming is DIRECTV NOW. This service, like Sling TV, works over the internet and allows you to watch live TV without cable. Its prices start at $35 per month, and no contract is required.
If you live in the Brooklyn area, you’ll want to go with the “Just Right” package at $50 per month (with 80+ channels). This package includes YES Network, which means full access to every Brooklyn Nets game live stream, as well as networks like ESPN, TNT, AMC, CNN, FOX News, and more. If you’re not living in the New York area, you can go with the cheaper $35/month package and still get all the national channels that broadcast NBA games (but you won’t get YES Network).
DIRECTV NOW works on most devices, including Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and mobile devices/computers. It’s a great service to use for the Brooklyn Nets stream, and just for watching TV in general. See our DIRECTV NOW review for additional info.
Watch the Nets Game Online via fuboTV
For sports fans, few services offer as much content as fuboTV. This service is specifically designed with sports fans in mind, and it offers a plethora of live sports coverage across most major sports. It costs $35 per month, and is offered without a contract. It works on almost all major streaming devices, mobile phones and more.
For the purposes of catching the Brooklyn Nets game live stream, this service is most useful for fans living in the Brooklyn area. This is because Brooklyn area residents will get YES Network, home to all Nets games. For non-locals, you won’t get this regional, but you’ll still get some useful networks like NBA TV, FS1, FS2, NBSCN, and many more. See the fuboTV channel list for more.
Try fuboTV free for 7 days, and you’ll be able to watch the Brooklyn Nets online free for a week!
Use PlayStation Vue to Stream the Nets Game Online
PlayStation Vue serves as another alternative service that lets you watch the Brooklyn Nets online. It’s not as complete a solution as something like Sling TV, but it’s still a useful service to have.
Depending on which package you choose, Vue will give you access to 50-100+ channels. You can watch these channels on select devices, including PlayStation consoles, Roku, Chromecast and more. As for NBA coverage, key channels include ESPN, TNT and ABC. Plans start from $30 a month. Read our PS Vue review for more info.
Watch Brooklyn Nets Live Streams and On-Demand Replays with NBA League Pass
Another way to watch the Brooklyn Nets online is with NBA League Pass.
NBA League Pass is the only official streaming service offered by the NBA itself. League Pass subscribers can enjoy live coverage of all regular season games, plus on-demand replays of playoff games.
NBA League Pass is a good service, with one major downfall: local teams are blacked out from live viewing. This means that if you live in the Brooklyn area, you won’t be able to watch live Nets games using League Pass. This is because of the broadcasting rights owned by cable companies, which give the exclusive rights to live broadcasting of in-market NBA games.
So, if you live in Brooklyn, this service probably isn’t the best choice for you because you can’t get a Nets live stream. But if you live elsewhere, League Pass offers an easy and reliable way to watch the Brooklyn Nets online. Here’s everything you’ll get with a subscription:
- Live streaming of every NBA game of the regular season (local blackouts apply)
- HD replays available for on-demand streaming after the games air
- On-demand replays of playoff games
- A large NBA Classic’s library featuring replays of some of the most memorable games in NBA history
- The flexibility to stream on computers, mobile devices, and streaming players
- The ability to keep up with all the action by streaming up to 4 different games at once
The NBA offers a few different versions of this streaming service, detailed below:
- NBA League Pass, offered at $199.99 per season, is the full-fledged service. With it, you can follow all your favorite teams, all season long. Local blackouts apply.
- NBA Team Pass, offered at $119.99 per season, is a single-team version which lets you follow the team of your choice throughout the regular season. Local blackouts apply.
- NBA Single Game Pass, offered at $6.99, is a single-game version which lets watch a live stream of the single game of your choice. Local blackouts apply.
**Local blackouts apply to ALL versions of League Pass.**
Watch NBA Games Over the Air for Free with an Antenna
If you have an over-the-air antenna, you can watch several TV networks for free. Over-the-air channels, such as ABC and Fox, will still be picked up by antennas for free viewing. Of course, old-school “rabbit ears” will no longer work – you’ll need a good HD antenna. Because ABC is one of the free OTA channels, you’ll be able to watch every NBA game broadcast on ABC.
For those with busy schedules, we recommend recording the games you want to watch using a DVR. That way, you can record it live then watch it on your own schedule. We have a guide to DVRs to help our readers choose the right model for their needs.
Watch the Brooklyn Nets Games Online Blackout-Free with NBA League Pass International
The NBA offers both a domestic and an international version of their popular NBA League Pass service. The International version is available to anyone living outside of the United States, and it offers one big benefit over the domestic version: there are no local blackouts.
With League Pass International, you can follow all your favorite teams, all season long, with no blackouts whatsoever. Here are a few useful international NBA League Pass links:
Use a VPN to Access the Brooklyn Nets Game Live Stream from Outside the USA
If you’re a Nets fan living outside of the United States, another option might be to use a VPN service.
What Channel is the Nets Game On?
All Brooklyn Nets games air on YES Network, which is offered for New York residents via Sling TV (which offers a free 7-day trial), DIRECTV NOW and fuboTV. Select games also air nationally, on networks including ESPN and TNT. These networks are also available via Sling TV and DIRECTV NOW. Check the Brooklyn Nets schedule to learn more.