The Travelers Championship will begin on August 4th at the TPC River Highlands Golf Course in Cromwell, Connecticut. It is one of the two PGA Tour tournaments that are played each year in New England, with the Deustchebank Championship in September being the second of the year. Last season, Bubba Watson won with an aggregate 72-hole score of 16-under par. He ultimately defeated Paul Casey in a playoff to win the tournament for a second time. Inside, learn how to access a Travelers Championship live stream!
This year, the tournament falls directly after the PGA Championship and will feature an impressive lineup of golfers. If you are a devoted or casual golf fan and want to keep up with the tournament, you are in luck. That’s because there are multiple ways to watch Travelers Championship online without having to pay for a cable package. The below guide tells you all you need to know during the tournament.
Watch a Travelers Championship Live Stream through Sling TV
One of our favorite cable alternatives on the market is Sling TV and it will be a great way to watch Travelers Championship online. The subscriptions streaming service lets you stream over 25 cable channels for an affordable monthly subscription cost with no contracts required. You will need to choose between one of the starting packages in order to get closer to getting the Golf Channel and a Travelers Championship live stream.
Here are some highlights of each package:
- Only costs $20 per month for over twenty channels
- Main featured channels are ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, TNT, AMC, and ESPN3 (Accessed through WatchESPN)
- Can currently get the service for only $14 per month if you are a T-Mobile subscriber, that’s 30% off!
- Can also get either a free $70 Roku player or $60 off an Apple TV with three months of a subscription
- Starting cost is $25 per month and includes more than fourty channels
- Offers TBS, TNT, AMC, regional FOX Sports networks, FS1, NBCSN, and several more
- You can watch FOX and NBC’s live network broadcast in specific locations and FOX is available on-demand nationwide
- Does not have T-Mobile offer, but can still get the free Roku and discounted Apple TV if you subscribe for three months
In order to actually stream Travelers Championship on Sling TV you will need to include the add-on Sports Extra Package. It costs $5 more each month and includes the Golf Channel, ESPNews, ESPN Goal Line, the SEC Network, ESPNU, and several other channels. This will be the top option to watch the Travelers Championship online during the Thursday and Friday rounds and early on during the weekend rounds.
Use PlayStation Vue to Watch Travelers Championship Online
Another streaming service to stream Travelers Championship is Sony’s PlayStation Vue. You can watch the Golf Channel coverage with PlayStation Vue’s starting package for $29.99 per month. Other channels included in the package are ESPN, ESPN2, TBS, FS1, NBCSN, AMC, FX, TNT, and about 50 more. In some areas, you can even watch the entire tournament because your local CBS broadcast is available live. If you are not in these areas, you still get CBS on-demand about a day after everything airs.
Do keep in mind that Vue is a bit more expensive than Sling TV, works on fewer devices, and does not allow mobile streaming for most channels. So, while it’s a good service there are some downsides.
Find out more about PlayStation Vue in our detailed review of the service.
Watch the Weekend of the Travelers Championship Streaming with An Antenna and DVR
A digital antenna will allow you to pick up network broadcasts from channels like CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX. The right antenna, you can learn more about choosing one here, will get you a perfect, high-definition broadcast of the Travelers Championship on CBS during the Saturday and Sunday rounds.
To get the Travelers Championship live stream you can include an over-the-air DVR. Some of these devices let you live stream whatever your antenna picks up or your recordings on your phone, tablet, or computer. Figure out which one would be best for you in our comparison guide. The ideal setup for watching the Travelers Championship streaming would be Sling TV paired with the antenna and over-the-air DVR combination to watch every second of tournament coverage.
Thankfully, beyond watching the Travelers Championship streaming, cable cutters can watch sports online all year long. You can check out our detailed sports guide for cable cutters and our golf streaming guide to learn even more.
Latest posts by Matt Pelletier (see all)
- College World Series Live Stream: How to Watch CWS Online without Cable - June 19, 2017
- NHL Draft Live Stream: Watch 2017 NHL Draft Online without Cable - June 16, 2017
- Watch NHL Awards Online without Cable: Live Stream Guide - June 16, 2017