The Family is a new suspense/drama coming to ABC on March 3 at 9 PM ET. Joan Allen stars as Claire, a mom and politician. Out of the blue, her missing son of a decade returns, and though he is welcomed back into the family, questions arise as to whether the boy is really who he claims to be. Alison Pill, Margot Bingham, Zach Gilford, and Floriana Lima also star. Learn how to access The Family streaming without cable in our guide.
Since The Family is airing on ABC, there are plenty of ways you can watch the show, whether even if you’re not a cord cutter. In fact, you should be able to watch The Family online free using ABC’s website, though without a cable subscription you might have to wait a week or two for access to new episodes. If you don’t mind spending a small amount of money, there are plenty of cost effective ways that you can watch The Family streaming each week without a cable connection.
Watch The Family Full Episodes on Hulu
Hulu is one of the most popular streaming services because of the ease that comes with watching new shows. Hulu (review) offers new episodes from a variety of networks and they are all usually available between one and eight days after they air on television. They also have a huge library of older shows and movies, as well. You will be able to watch The Family streaming on Hulu 8-days after it airs on TV.
Hulu is available on nearly every device you might use to watch TV, including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, mobile devices and more. It’s relatively inexpensive at $8 a month with commercials or $12 a month without ads.
Watch The Family Live Stream on Sling TV
Sling TV (review) is a service that offers the option between live stream TV or a select on demand library that allows users to watch shows whenever they have the time. Sling TV gives viewers as many as 20 popular cable channels for $20 a month, with the option of various add-ons. One of those add-ons is the Broadcast Extra package for $5 a month, which allows you access to ABC and to watch The Family full episodes.
Currently, the ABC package is available in the following markets: Chicago, New York, Fresno-Visalia, Los Angeles, Houston, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham, and San Francisco. Have no fear if you live outside these areas, because more cities are being added all the time. Also – understand that Sling TV is available nationwide – it’s only the Broadcast Extra package which is limited to those select cities.
If you want to watch The Family live stream for free, your best bet would be to sign up for Sling TV’s free 7-day trial right before the debut of The Family on March 3. After your trial, Sling TV is offering a free Roku 2 or 50% off a Roku 3 when you purchase 3-months of Sling TV service. Considering the Roku 2 costs $10 more than the Sling TV, the fact that you can get 3-months of Sling TV and the Roku 2 for $60 is quite the deal!
Other Legal Ways to Watch The Family Online
While it’s going to be hard to find ways to watch The Family online free, here are your best option for low-cost a la carte episodes or for a discounted season pass for the entire season.
- Amazon Instant Video: This is going to be one of your cheapest options to watch The Family online. Episodes cost around $2 or you can buy a season pass and get episodes even cheaper. New episodes are available the day after they air on TV.
- Vudu: Vudu is fairly similar to Amazon Instant Video. The episodes come to around $2 and you can choose a season pass to save money. Vudu does often give out the first episode of a new series free though, so you might want to try and watch The Family online using this method to save a few dollars.
- iTunes & Google Play: Everything here is similar to the other services, except the prices. Both iTunes and Google Play will run you closer to $3 an episode. They also offer season passes and new episodes are available next day.
If you want to watch The Family online those are your best options. If you’re interested in learning more about the show, check out ABC’s website. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and we will do what we can to help. Otherwise, be sure to check our TV streaming guide, which teaches you the best ways to watch TV online.
Latest posts by Ashtyn Evans (see all)
- How to Watch Live TV on Roku without Cable - May 15, 2017
- Watch MasterChef Online: Live Stream, Full Episodes, Free Episodes and More - May 14, 2017
- 10 Netflix Hacks That Will Blow Your Mind - May 11, 2017